Continuing Professional Development (CPD) is further education or training or both.
Law Society: Legal Costs Seminar
Recent Decisions and Pending Legislation
Aim and Objectives
The aim of this seminar is to provide solicitors with an up-to-date analysis of recent decisions of the taxing master and new developments which will impact on the taxation of costs in the future.
Topics and Issues covered include:
· Analysis of the proposed changes under the Draft Legal Services Regulation Bill 2011
· Recent decisions of the Taxing Master of the High Court
· Cost and taxation misconceptions
· Criteria for assessment of contentious and non-contentious cases
· Waiting time and time recording – best practice
· Fees: including standby fees; doctors’ fees and experts fees
Declan O’Neill, Taxing Master
Eamon Harrington, Chairperson of the Law Society Litigation Committee
Make a booking
View more details of this seminar, click here.
To register your place by post, please complete the attached application form.
Tel: 01 881 5727
* Applicable to Law Society Skillnet members and public sector subscribers